2-Day Introductory to SFX
Duration: 2 Days
Day: Saturday - Sunday
Time: 9am - 3.30pm
Cost: $399 incl. GST
Payment plans available
OBSESSED WITH SPECIAL EFFECTS? HERE IS A TASTER FOR YOU!
Something different from Samala Robinson Academy (SRA)! You can see from some of the images on this website and from our many social media posts how much we enjoy creating fun and different looks. So here's an opportunity for you to join in the fun! Join us for this two-day exciting workshop, and enjoy a taster of the world of 'Performance' or Special Effects (SFX) makeup! Wokrshop finishes with a photoshoot as a record of your work, or to add to your portfolio.
Who is this for?
- Those wanting to take the first exploratory steps in a possible SFX career
- Those who want to learn how to do some fun special effects for self, friends or fmaily (eg Halloween or themed party makeup)
- Those wanting an introductory prerequisite course before perhaps deciding whether to go on to study more advanced SFX
Our unique offer
- SRA currently has three tutors who specialise in SFX/Performance makeup, so you can be assured that the course will be facilitated by an industry specialist
- Demonstration and practice times linked to maximise learning.
- Professional makeup rooms at SRA to practice in with industry-grade workstations.
- We keep classes small so you get maximum individual attention
- The main technologies and products used - their pro's and con's and usages: gelatin, wax, latex, epoxy resin, gums, adhesives, etc.
- Demonstrations with a variety of different materials: how to achieve various looks - some easy, some advanced
- Supervised student practice with a variety of products and mixtures (plenty of gory or Halloween-style pictures will be displayed around the classroom to inspire and explain!)
- Paint effects and application
- Tutor demonstration of various effects, including three-dimensional looks achieved via shading and colour mixing
- Using stencils; perfecting line work
- Introducing wax or gel products into your designs
- Students design and create their own scenarios using some of the techniques learnt; preparation for a photoshoot
Enquire about our next starting date