School Holidays Programme
Duration: The first week of the 2017 April, July & October school holidays
Days: Monday - Friday
Time: 9am - 3.30pm
Cost: $55 incl GST per student per day - $275 per student per week/course
Our School Holidays Programme has been a resounding success in 2016, with a number of aspiring senior students from many Auckland schools getting their first taste of the world of Beauty and Fashion Makeup. Not only do they have a fantastic experience and learn some valuable skills but the week concludes with a photo shoot of their work that will be an exciting addition to their CV, and could even plant the seed for what could become an incredible career path.
NEW for 2017. We are adding a new course covering makeup in the Performing Arts. So not only will we cover makeup in the Beauty and Fashion arenas but also makeup design and application for stage production. For those interested in makeup for Film, Theatre, TV and Special Effects, or those wanting to contribute to their school's drama performances, this could be an exciting and valuable introduction.
Who is this for?
- Senior High School Students, typically Year 12 or 13 (though occasionally we accept Year 11)
Our unique offer
- Intimate hands-on assistance and feedback from industry professional NZQA-accredited makeup tutors
- NZQA-accredited courses
- Expert corrective techniques
- Demonstration and practice time every lesson to maximise learning
- Access to high quality products and materials from Samala Cosmetics - course materials and tools provided
- Professional makeup rooms to practice in with industry-grade workstations
- We keep classes small so you get maximum individual attention
- Certificate of Achievement and up to 20 Credits on the National Framework for students successfully completing the courses
Weeks 1,2 and 3 should be considered a whole entity (ie Parts I, II and III of an integrated programme) as completing all three weeks will give students a more complete and balanced learning experience, and will introduce them to all the main branches of the makeup industry. Although Weeks 2 and 3 (the Performance and Fashion speciality courses) can be considered separately depending on a student's area of interest, in all cases we would very highly recommend taking Week 1 as it provides a prerequiste foundational introduction giving the basic skills which can be built upon in Weeks 2/3, and without which students may struggle in those more advanced weeks.
- Week 1 Tuesday 18th April 2017 - Monday 24th April 2017 INTRODUCTORY & FOUNDATIONAL WEEK
This Unit Standard delivers 4 Credits. Students completing this course will be able to demonstrate knowledge of tools, equipment and safe operating procedures used in makeup and skin care services. Subjects covered include: Makeup brushes and tools; Sterilisation & Hygiene; Shelf Life of Makeup; Paint play; Natural makeup; Introduction to Hairstyling; Face Charts - Sultry & Elegant; Sultry Makeup; Elegant Makeup; Ball and Moodboard introduction; Work-Experience-style photoshoot... And lots more!
- Week 2 Monday 10th July 2017 - Friday 14th July 2017 MAKEUP IN TV/FILM/THEATRE
This Unit Standard delivers 6 Credits. Students completing this course will be able to research, develop, visually communicate and apply a makeup design concept for a given work (given work will have a minimum if 4 performers each requiring a different makeup design). Subjects covered include: character/role creation/enhancement; special effects; historical/cultural accuracy; colour correction; collaboration with director/choreographer/costume designer/lighting; detail products - for eyes, lips, hair, face; safe practice; product and application techniques - foundation, highlighting, shading, colour mixing, aging, feature alteration, etc.
- Week 3 Monday 2nd October 2017 - Friday 6th October 2017 BEAUTY & FASHION MAKEUP
This Unit Standard delivers 10 Credits. Students completing this course will be able to perform skincare services for the face in preparation for makeup application. Subjects covered include: Skin types, conditions and analysis; skin care products; CTM introduction; Facecharts; 'Streetwear' makeup; 'Formalwear' makeup; 'Casual wear' makeup; body charts; Vogue makeup; hairstyling... And of course, lots more!